Meet Teddy – one of my grandest friends in the world! He’s the most lovable, huggable Canadian Toon Town bear that there ever was. He and his cat, Beams, are two of Fuzzywiggle Furrypants and my best friends. Fuzzy’s and I generally make a point of stopping in for a Toon Town visit once or twice a year.
So how did I meet Teddy? In the most glamorous of fashions, of course. Hobnobbing at the Banff Television Festival. Guessing most of you are picturing us dressed up all fancy at some well to do function (I’m calling it a ‘function’ as thats more hoity toity than a ‘party’) in the Rockies – you know, him in a top hat and tails with an eye monocle, of course, and me looking like I just walked off a runway in Paris. The reality? I think it included (although I must note here that it is a little fuzzy – altitude you know) late night, drunken revelry at the St James Gate with my favourite Canadian film folk, the Saskatchewan boys (and girl).
At any rate, somehow dear Teddy won his way into my heart despite frequent ploys to get me in my swimsuit and lounging in the hot springs (my downfall in this was the words ‘hot springs’ – clearly another weakness of mine along with Teddy’s hugs). And so the downwards spiral begins with regular Toon Town visits and adventures with Teddy that can only be described as our very own Griswold Family Vacations.
A few highlights from the latest Griswold Family Vacation:
- Teddy announcing to me that, “It’s a good thing were not a couple, as our sex life would suck.”
I would like to note here to all future suitors: This is not because I suck in bed (or in Teddy’s defense that he sucks in bed). We’ve never really taken our relationship into the bedroom (we’ll thats a lie cause we have – okay, now I sound like a tramp. To clarify here: our relationship has gone into the bedroom, but fully clothed – okay I was wearing the towel the one time – wow this sounds bad to my virtue. OK heres how it is, our relationship has gone into the bedroom in a bath towel, but in the most platonic of fashions – we were doing a photo shoot – and NO not those kind of photos, I’m not that girl. IE TEDDDY AND I HAVE NEVER HAD SEX). So to make a long story short, we don’t know how each other is in bed. Teddy just has a habit of being sick whenever I visit and I always seem to have my period when I visit.
- Our first ever hotel room together with a view of (no joke) the indoor children’s water amusement park.
Darn good thing the two of us weren’t looking for a little ‘rendezvous’. The sounds of children screaming might have broken the mood.
- Teddy loosing all hearing to a head cold and shouting everywhere we went.
My favourite was his conversation with his Mom into his cell phone at the top of his lungs in public about diarrhea. It was a very proud moment for me to be on his arm.
- Teddy telling his dear Mom that he was thinking of moving in with me in Van City.
No wonder she thinks were dating. TEDDY!!!!!
- Teddy’s response to the suggestion that a personal coach might help him follow a healthier lifestyle, “Oh I’ll see a personal coach if she’s hot and cute. Better yet, you could be my personal coach.” Once again, he did this in front of his 78 year old mother!!!
Teddy – take note, a proper personal coach needs to be accredited. Me giving you advice whilst wearing a skimpy towel generally isn’t as effective. Please see my conversation with @cognoscento Try Jennifer Priest. She’s hot, cute and a professional.
- The incorrigible Teddy at his Mom’s and my discussion on how he needed to eat healthier and get more exercise, “Bed wrestling is a good full body workout and not at all stressful on the joints.”
Honestly!!!! And he told me that I’d have to be the one to break it to his parents that we aren’t dating! I wonder where they ever got that idea!?!
Love you Teddy! (and you too Beams)