I know I come across as all sweet and lovely, but truth be told I like to taunt pregnant ladies. Awful I know, but it really is a lot of fun. You should try it!A Cosmo for Me!?! (Photo by Richard Gustin)
The particular pregnant lady that I am currently taunting is Kerrie from Crunchy Carpets. You see Kerrie loves gin and was recently invited to THE most fabulous party put on by Bombay Sapphire on the 58th floor of the new Shangri-la. And because she’s pregnant, she couldn’t properly enjoy! So she kindly offered the tickets to me. Clearly that was before she realized that I get my kicks from taunting pregnant ladies. So even though, I’ve already posted my favorite Bombay Sapphire gin bevie on Wet Coast Woman, I need to rub it in a little more here with the pics from the night:
Oh and here is the gin drink (courtesy of Bombay Sapphire) that got away, that I think may have been my favourite had I enjoyed it. Sometimes I’m just too polite as I gave it to my guest, Richard:
Sapphire Ginger Mint
Glass: Highball or Collins Glass
- 1 1/2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 3 oz Ginger Ale
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Place the mint leaves in your hand and clap once to open up the flavour.
- Add all ingredients to the glass and fill with ice.
- Stir well to mix the mint flavour through the drink.
And Richard’s favourite gin drink from the night:
Glass: Chilled Martini Glass (medium size)
- 50 ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 25 ml Triple Sec
- 50 ml Cranberry Juice
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime
- Shake vigorously in a mixing glass filled with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
Thanks so much Kerrie, Ian Barr, Victoria Taylor, Ayesha Khan, Murray Bancroft and Merlin Griffiths! An absolutely delightful evening! Richard and I greatly enjoyed ourselves!