I’ve always had a fondness for the Swiss, thanks to Stefan and his serenades. Well … that fondness only grew yesterday after attending the opening of Maison de la Suisse.
Maison de la Suisse at Bridges on Granville Island
Very quickly I came to the realization that Switzerland is a Nation that has a fondness for many of the same thing as me – good cheese, chocolate, sausage, wine and views. And best of all, they shared this with those of us that joined them for the Opening. One Swiss gentleman, even let me bite into his schnitzel. Nom, nom, nom nom …
A View from Switzerland
Never fear if you missed it yesterday, they are open for the public from now until February 28th, daily from 8 am – 1 am. Here’s what you can expect if you visit:
- Different yummy samples each day of cheese, chocolates, coffee, biscuits, and ricola.
- St. Moritz Musicians daily at 2, 5, 8 and 10 pm.
- Commercial Free Live Broadcast of the Games.
- A great view!
Click here for their full schedule for Vancouver and Whistler. And a few dates to mark on the calendar:
- Swiss Day Vancouver today 3 – 7 pm
- Kids Story Time with Globi in Vancouver Wed Feb 10, 10 – 11:30 am & 2 – 3:30 pm
- Kids Story Time with Globi in Whistler Thurs Feb 11, 10 – 11:30 am & 2 – 3:30 pm