Just to fire up your imagination as to what could be possible, here are a few Earth Hour suggestions to the couples out there, whether it’s a first or second date or the person that you have been living with for 20+ years:
- Enjoy a candle lit dinner for two (remember to turn off the oven by 8:30 pm).
- Go for a starlit walk.
- Run a bubble bath for your loved one and read to them by candlelight.
- Cuddle up to a campfire under the stars (just don’t forget to get the fire permit).
- If you are blessed with musical abilities, enjoy an hour serenading your partner (and if this is the case, yet you’re single, my number is ….).
- Curl up under a blanket outdoors and do a little stargazing together.
- Candle lit scrabble (best of all, no one can cheat by using their iphone or blackberry).
- An hour long massage by candlelight, or better yet, two hours – one hour each.
Remember Earth Hour is between 8:30 – 9:30 pm tonight (March 27th, 2010), so power down. Oh and there is absolutely no reason why you and your lover can’t make your own Earth Hours on a regular basis throughout the year.
Special thanks to @ClareSaxon, @nugglemama, @lizzieh84, @airdrie, and @EatsShootsEdits, who shared their Earth Hour romance ideas with me on twitter. Would love to hear more ideas on how to generate a little romance into your Earth Hour tonight in the comments below.