Beautiful day out today (Saturday September 25, 2010), so I thought I’d drop a note highlighting a few of the free performances in the Cordova St Courtyard to the new home to SFU’s School of Contemporary Arts at Woodwards in Gastown.
- 1 pm Bleeding Horse Express
- 1 – 2 pm Public Dreams Stilt Dancers
- 2:30 – 3 pm Michael O’Neill: Bagpipes & Taiko Drums
- 3 pm Bleeding Horse Express
- 3 – 4 pm Public Dreams Stilt Dancers
- 4 – 4:30 pm Michael O’Neill: Bagpipes & Taiko Drums
And don’t be shy, there are things to see inside the School itself to:
- 4:15 – 7:30 pm Faculty & Alumni Multidisciplinary Presentations in dance, music, theatre, film and multi-media demos
- Warrior Boyz, NFB Documentary
- Arts Exhibits
I was lucky enough to attend the Opening Ceremonies for the School’s new home yesterday. Was very inspiring! Especially listening to the whimsical musings of Chantal Kreviazuk on being a student of the Arts and watching the enrapturing beauty of her playing.
The building will be opened from 1 – 5 pm on Sunday too, but there won’t be any performance, so be sure to get down there today.