This is just a quick post as my favourite yearly Vancouver charity event is tonight, and I have yet to write about it.
If you have been to Timeraiser before, you know what a truly wonderful and inspiring event it is and you likely already have your tickets for tonight’s event at the Waldorf Hotel. If timeraiser is new to you, in a nutshell, it is an art auction, where you bid on art with volunteer hours. The artists get paid in real dollars, you get to meet and chat with different organizations about volunteer opportunities, admire and learn about the art of local artists, bid on art work, just as if you were a high roller, and best of all do some good in your community in the process. How could you not love this!
Sadly I am not in town, so can’t be there tonight, but for those of you lucky enough to be in town, take advantage of the event to learn about some great volunteer opportunities and take in some great local talent.
Here are the details:
- When? TONIGHT – Thursday September 22, 2011
- What Time? 7 – 11 pm (you want to arrive no later than 8 pm)
- Where? Waldorf Hotel – 1489 East Hastings Street
- How Much? Only $20 online.
- What? A fun evening, that has you mingling with interesting people and leaves you feeling great.
Wish I was seeing you there.