I’m in the midst of the third week of my Healthier Lifestyle New Year’s Resolution, involving more exercise and fresh air (and yes, I’m a little late on this post – I did, however, write it and snap the shots a few days ago, I just got distracted). Mixed emotions with the new goals this past week. Struggling and craving at the same time. hmm …. is this the beginning of me becoming a junkie. At any rate, here’s how it went:
Exercise Refreshments with a Mellowing Effect
- Day 1 – no exercise (exhausted)
- Day 2 – marathon walk, including a pit stop for 2 of the most delicious Caesars I’ve ever drank
- Day 3 – another marathon walk, including antiquing & a Caesar (not as noteworthy as the previous days beverage)
- Day 4 – water aerobics (could feel muscles I didn’t even know existed)
- Day 5 – dragged my tired body to swim lengths – swam 7 lengths & the pool was evacuated due to vomit (not mine) – I still feel this counts as exercise though, as I did drag myself to the pool & put my swimsuit on with the best of intentions
- Day 6 – desperately needed a break
- Day 7 – craved the exercise, but couldn’t find the time
Having a lot of trouble keeping up the ‘exercise 6 days a week’ plan. I managed 4 days this week, one shy of last week, partially as I think I overdid the exercise early in the week and partially cause my life is busy and I am resisting the 6 am workout.
I do think the exercise is starting to show though. It seems to me that my love handles are slowly disappearing. This could all be in my imagination though. I am also now craving exercise and am not satisfied unless I get it.
Oh and I managed to cut out the late night eating, in favour of cocoa.