Been feeling a little fragile this past week and whether it’s a cold, matters of the heart or that time of the month, I decided that it needed to be nipped in the butt this evening. And so what better way to nip the cold weather blues away then with a Hot Apple Toddy with a sunshine twist. So I invented my very own Hot Apple Mandarin Toddy and if I do say so myself it pretty yummy. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of apple cider
- 3 cloves
- a stick or a dash of cinnamon
- mandarin peel
- one mandarin segmented and cut in halves
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 oz of whisky
- Heat cider, cloves, cinnamon, mandarin peel, mandarin segments and bring to a rolling simmer.
- Put honey in a mug.
- Add whisky to a mug.
- Pour cider into the mug and stir with a spoon.
- Optional to add the mandarin segments and cinnamon stick to the mug.
Oh and please let me know if you come up with any other variations.