Was reminded the other day whilst making my mixed tape of a few Canadian artists, of some of the incredible talent we have in this country of ours. So many voices I love to listen to. In that mix is singer and actress, Andrea Menard, a woman who lights up the stage with her warmth and talent and is equally as lovely in person. You can’t help, but love her, especially after you see her perform live.
I was lucky enough to have such an opportunity this past winter, thanks to the Saskatchewan Pavilion during the Olympics. In fact, I enjoyed listening to her so much that I went back two nights in a row. Here she is, as filmed by moi:
Am a little jealous of the Prairie folk this week and next as Andrea is strutting her way across the Prairies in her Holiday Sparkle Tour, yet alas she stops just East of the Rockies. Drat! Oh how I wish I was in Toon Town with Teddy this coming Wednesday so I could go enjoy her show. As for her other stops for all you fine Prairie folk:
- Winnipeg – Fri. Dec. 3, 2010 – 8 pm – West End Cultural Centre (huge apologize to the Peggers for not getting this up yesterday)
- Regina – Sat. Dec. 4, 2010 – 8 pm – Casino Regina Show Lounge (not too late for tickets – get your ass off the couch & dial the box office)
- Saskatoon – Wed. Dec. 8, 2010 – 8 pm – Broadway Theatre (I’ll be drowning my sorrows in a hot apple mandarin toddy Wednesday to mask the jealousy of missing this)
- La Ronge – Fri. Dec. 10, 2010 – 7 pm – Jonas Roberts Memorial Community Centre
- Calgary – Mon. Dec. 13, 2010 – 7 pm – EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts
- Edmonton – Tues. Dec. 14, 2010 – 7 pm – TransAlta Arts Barns – Westbury Theatre
And to make me even more jealous, it looks like Andrea is going to be joined by that fine Irish beast, Stephen Maguire along with Robert Walsh. Anyone know what the cost of a flight to Saskatoon is this Wednesday?
Now, you got a taste of Andrea’s folkie tunes above, so I thought it only fair if you get a bit of a taste for her jazz too. Besides which, this fan video fits nicely with the mo (not too late for a Movember donation) and pantie themes I’ve been enjoying this past little while. Ladies – I think you’ll enjoy this!
mmm … I think I may need a cold shower.