In honour of reading and literacy, I bid you gentle, but firm kisses from that hidden corner in the library stacks …. you know the one I am talking about…..
In other words, a most special thank you to all of you that helped promote, were a part of or sent well wishes for the Reading is Sexy Launch Party and Literary Celebration at Gudrun this past Thursday evening. What a delightful group of the sexiest of cats! And such a perfect atmosphere in Gudrun! An enormous thank you to Patrick and the gang at Gudrun – Alison, Josh and Upton.
And again, thank you! Thank you for helping to promote literacy and supporting The International Association of Dyslexia!
Here are some of my pics from the night:
And some much better shot pics of John Biehler’s:
A few highlights from the night included:
- seeing the men of the calendar (Patrick, Raul and Mark) pucker up for literacy
- teaching an incredibly bashful Mark Leiren-Young to put on lipstick (you’d think a man that had written a book entitled, Never Shoot A Stampede Queen, would have already learned how)
- readings from Mark, Rayne and Raul
- Mooty winning for the funniest responses in our little contest (go read them, they had me chuckling)
- the auctioning off Rob’s Pics of Patrick
- and of course, a whole lot of calendar kissing
PS Stay tuned for a Calendar Kissing near you! Next one is this Thursday Dec 10th at 5 pm (likely at a Gastown pub) as Monica and Monique pucker up for charity.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by EmmeRogers, Rob Jones. Rob Jones said: RT @EmmeRogers Kisses of thanks…. http://kuex.us/48c3 […]